You may submit up to 10 works to the GMR including research writing, literary critiques or analyses, and other academic works. Every work must have a supplementary statement included with it.
Submitted papers are being considered for publication in the 2020-2021 journal.
SUBMIT to the 30th Volume! https://georgemasonreview.submittable.com/Submit
How We Evaluate Your Work
We cannot anticipate the many varied and creative forms that re-visioned scholarship will undoubtedly take. Nevertheless, we must provide ourselves, our peer reviewers, and you–our audience and submitters–some guidance. Thus, the GMR staff keeps the following criteria in mind while reviewing your work:
|Criteria 1: Organization and Structure
- Systematic approach
- Replicable methodology, if applicable
- Incorporates empirical research techniques when applicable
- Shows an understanding of the different subdivisions within a question and addresses each of them appropriately
|Criteria 2: Value of Scholarly Work
- Has a valuable question for the field of study, not repetitive or just copying sources
- Addresses some gap of knowledge or contributes to some discourse in a meaningful way
- Gives some insight into the future of the respective field
|Criteria 3: Revisions scholarship
- Incorporates techniques from different fields
- Pushes the boundaries of the respective fields and connects to non-obvious fields of study.
- Explicates the connections and applications of the work to other fields
|Criteria 4: Language composition
- Clarity of work and main points
- Grammatical precision
- Demonstrates elements of good writing that make it enjoyable to read, engaging language
- Explains terminology, principles, and perspectives thoroughly and clearly